Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Nicki Minaj Ready To Go Back To Authentic Hip-Hop

Although Nicki Minaj's first album had her rapping on a lot more songs than the ones she sang on, her second album was more of a  pop album. A lot of people said she made the change too early in her career. And it happens that her intentions, which were too sell more, didn't work out as planned. Her first album, Pink Friday sold over 1.8 million copies, while her overly pop oriented second album, Pink friday: Roman Reloaded sold just 800k...and that's with the help of a re-release with 8 new singles.





Now, she is ready to go back to just rapping, straight up hip hop. In a recent interview on Hot 97 Radio, she said...-

"If I really wanted to right now, I could go back in and make another pop song to sell all this stuff, and I'm choosing not to do it. I'm choosing to get back to my essence and just feed the core hip-hop fan. I feel like I did it, I don't need to do it again. I don't know how I'm gonna feel after the third album, but I know for the third album, I've just been getting back to that place where I was right before I dropped my first album, which is kill everything." 

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar