Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Etude House lip concealer review

Ever since i realized how nice it is to have nude lips with dramatic eye make-up i became fascinated with using regular concealers to have nude lips.

When i say nude, i want it to be pale nude. So what i do to achieve the look is to moisturize, fill in my lips with lip pencil (to prevent the concealer from setting on my lip lines), then concealer, & a nude gloss. It's a lot of work to achieve the kind of color that i want. So when i heard of lip concealers, i've wanted to try it out.

I only knew of 2 brands that have lip concealers (though there are a lot!) , Etude House & Canmake that's why i'm really glad that Etude House decided to open up a branch here.


This is their product that i'm looking forward to the best!

Have you read my rant about my trip to Etude House? If not, click HERE to read it.

Going back, to the review, i like how creamy it is. Compare to regular concealers that can be drying, this doesn't dry the lips that much (note:it can still dry your lips so make sure you moisturized 1st). I think it only has 1 shade (based on what i saw on the store).


This is how the shade looks like on my skin. You can barely see it!


I decided to use the Ever Bilena Matte Lipstick in Skin since this is the only matte lipstick that i have in nude. See how contrasting they look? How do you think it would look like when we mix them?


I swiped the lipstick on top of the concealer & this is how it looked like. I made sure that i applied lipstick on the edge of the concealer so you would see the difference.


The one in the middle is with the concealer & lipstick while the edges are the lipstick alone. Not bad,huh? It was able to really lighten the lipstick!

Now let's apply it on the lips.

This is my bare lips, no moisturizer whatsoever. I don't want to put anything (can't find my clear balm) so that we'll be able to see how the lip concealer works alone.


Now on the next pic, you'll get to see the difference between the one with the concealer & without. The lower lip has it & the upper lip doesn't. Sorry about the zits.. (-___-")


By the way, i blot out the excess with tissue because if not, the excess product will just settle on the lines of the lips. Then i apply the lip color.

The top lip is the lip color alone & the lower lip has a concealer. It would definitely lighten the color of your lips, especially if you would use a lip color that is way lighter than what i used.

Sorry how my lips look like, but then as what i said, i did not moisturized prior to application. Moisturize first then wait a while before you apply it so that the moisturizer has the time to set.

I pair it with MAC Jubilee & it's great! I can't wear Jubilee alone because i find it too sheer & the color is not able to be shown on my lips. But together with a lip concealer, it gave me that nice pale peachy lips that i wanted!

Yay for lip concealers!
Me love it!
^_^

Pros:
  • available locally (in Metro Manila,that is)
  • cheap
  • lasts longer than regular concealers
  • won't settle on the lip lines compare to concealers
Cons:
  • moisturizer needed prior to application
  • might not be available in some places
Again, make sure you apply moisturizer & scrub your lips first. You can use a brush if you want to. For those looking for this in your local area (internationally) & can't find one, there are a couple on Ebay.

I like it a lot!
Next time i go to Etude House, i'll be getting another as a back-up.

What do you think about this product?
Hope this review helped you.
Hope y'all have a great day!

Jaa ne~!
^_^

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar